FOI request (FOIR-472250908)
Requested Fri 16 December 2022
Responded Tue 20 December 2022
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information relevant to your area.
I am interested in the following calendar years:
a. 1st January to 31st December 2013
b. 1st January to 31st December 2014
c. 1st January to 31st December 2015
d. 1st January to 31st December 2016
e. 1st January to 31st December 2017
f. 1st January to 31st December 2018
g. 1st January to 31st December 2019
h. 1st January to 31st December 2020
i. 1st January to 31st December 2021
j. 1st January to current date 2022 (Please specify current date when submitting your response)
Please may you provide me, broken down by each of the years above, with:
1. The number of fixed penalty charge notices (PCNs) issued for driving violations (not including parking). For example, but not restricted to, using a bus lane, or crossing a restricted bridge.
2. The locations where the violations took place including the name of the road/junction/bridge and so on, and which village/town/city it is in.
3. The violation committed by the driver. For example, using a bus lane.
4. Whether the PCN was appealed, the nature of the appeal, and the outcome of the appeal.
5. The total amount of revenue generated, in each of the years above, from driving-related (but not parking) PCNs.
Where there is a lot of similar data for one location, please group this together. For example, if 50 drivers have been fined £50 for using the same bus lane and none appealed.
Hastings Borough Council is responsible for the enforcement of off-street parking (car parks) only.
On-street contraventions are dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information