FOI request (FOIR-470491159)
Biodiversity Net Gain
Requested Thu 08 December 2022
Responded Thu 09 February 2023
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information.
1. Who is the Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) lead within the council and what are their direct contact details?
2. What practises/processes do the council currently have, or intend to have, in place for how they are going to manage/monitor the 30-year requirement for BNG from November 2023 when 10% BNG becomes mandatory?
3. What information/technology systems do you plan to utilise to manage/monitor the delivery of BNG?
4. Which outside bodies (for example, wildlife trusts, ecologists, community groups, and habitat banks) are you working with to assist in delivering BNG?
5. Is the council planning to use any of their own land to deliver BNG? If so, please provide details of the location and size.
6. What plans do you have in place, or intend to have for the training of staff on BNG?
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me via email and I will be very happy to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
1. There is no single officer responsible for Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG).
2. The council is developing its BNG policy for the new Local Plan and is considering supplementary guidance.
3. The council will use existing IT systems to manage/monitor the delivery of BNG.
4. Neighbouring authorities, Sussex Local Nature Partnership, Planning Advisory Service.
5. Work in progress as part of developing the new Local Plan.
6. Council officers take advantage of training and seminars provided by the Planning Advisory Service, Local Government Association, the local Nature Partnership and others as appropriate.
Freedom of Information