FOI request (FOIR-467415413)
Requested Wed 23 November 2022
Responded Thu 01 December 2022
Please provide us with the following information in a machine readable spreadsheet (csv or xlsx preferably):
1. The number of asylum seekers placed in hotel accommodation within your area from January 2018 to the latest complete month, broken down by year and month.
2. The number of hotels within your area being used to house asylum seekers from January 2018 to the latest complete month, broken down by year and month.
In addition, please answer the following questions with a 'yes' or 'no'. If you cannot do this, please provide additional details:
3. Are you (the council) currently engaged in or considering taking legal action to stop asylum seekers being housed in hotel accommodation in your area?
4. If 'yes', what legal action have you taken/considered?
5. Have you/are you considering using your planning enforcement powers to dispute the use of hotel accommodation to house asylum seekers? (That is, a change in use from hotel to a longer term housing facility.)
Information not held
This information can be obtained from the Home Office:
Freedom of Information