FOI request (FOIR-456767494)
Requested Thu 06 October 2022
Responded Fri 07 October 2022
I am seeking data on the number of businesses who have breached the allergen labelling restriction known as 'Natasha's Law'. As you will be aware, 'Natasha's Law' required businesses to provide full ingredients and allergen information on food pre-packed for direct sale from 1st October 2021.
I believe there is a strong public interest for this information to be published.
Please can you supply the following information:
1. The number of businesses which breached 'Natasha's Law' between 1st October 2021 and 1st October 2022.
2. The penalty for the breach. If the punishment was a fine, please outline the value of the fine.
3. The name that the offending business traded under, and its address.
4. A breakdown of the business type (supermarket, convenience store, retailer, restaurant, and so on).
5. Copies of enforcement letters sent to businesses breaching 'Natasha's Law'.
Ideally I would like these figures broken down month-on-month.
Enforcement for legislation informally known as 'Natasha's Law' rests with Trading Standards which is the responsibility of East Sussex County Council rather than Hastings Borough Council.
Please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information