FOI request (FOIR-454237745)
RSLs (Registered Social Landlords) - CICs (Community Interest Companies)
Requested Mon 26 September 2022
Responded Tue 11 October 2022
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with copies of the following:
1. A list of all the RSLs (Registered Social Landlords), CICs (Community Interest Companies), Charities and social enterprises that are registered with the councils housing department and have an active Landlord code to accommodate social HMOs' 'Exempt' accommodation status.
2. In addition to a full list with contact details held on your system of all the companies that deal with 'Exempt' accommodation directly with the council.
3. Please advise the application process for a private landlord to directly submit a property for supported housing exempt status.
4. Please provide confirmation that the Council are accepting exempt accommodation applications directly from landlords and also please advise the average timescales in which applications are completed.
5. If the council does not permit applications directly from landlords for exempt status then please provide a list of the organisations on your platform that allow private landlords to use their company as a referral.
6. Pease provide a suitable contact name, email address and organisation chart to help attain an understanding of the exempt accommodation team and its escalation points.
7. With regards to HMO exempt accommodation provided by private landlords (NOT RSLs), please provide visibility of the lowest, average and highest core rent currently paid and the lowest, average and highest eligible housing benefit service charges, complete with full itemisation/breakdown of all line items.
8. Please provide how many private rental properties in the council's jurisdiction have 'exempt accommodation' status?
Hastings Borough Council holds no information in respect of this request.
It is possible that this would be held by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information