FOI request (FOIR-454112251)
Requested Mon 26 September 2022
Responded Fri 14 October 2022
Please could you provide the following information for the financial year 2019/20:
1. How many children's playgrounds did your authority manage?
2. How much did your authority spend on children's playgrounds, including inspection, maintenance, repair and replacement?
3. How much did your authority spend on the creation of new children's playgrounds?
For clarity, I am interested in children's playgrounds located in public and semi-public spaces such as parks, open spaces, housing estates and adventure playgrounds. I am not interested in school playgrounds.
1. Hastings Borough Council manages 32 playgrounds.
2. Non-contract (repairs and replacements) works undertaken by the council's contractors was £28,660.11. In addition, £103,463 for maintenance, repairs and replacements carried out by other contractors.
Freedom of Information