FOI request (FOIR-443335080)
Homes for Ukraine Scheme
Requested Wed 10 August 2022
Responded Tue 20 September 2022
1. How many guests and sponsors have been matched in your council under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme?
2. If you answered yes to Q1, how many guests have been matched with sponsors under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme since 18 March 2022? I define the number of guests matched as instances a match took place rather than individuals. That is, if a family of 3 was matched with a sponsor that would count as 1.
3. How many times has the council been contacted since 18 March 2022 by a sponsor needing to end the sponsorship relationship early?
4. How many times has the council been contacted since 18 March 2022 by a guest needing to end the sponsorship relationship early? If you do not collect a breakdown of information between sponsor or guest contacting, it is fine to give a total of how many times the council has been contacted by any relevant party needing to end the sponsorship relationship early.
5. How many times has the council provided overnight hotel accommodation after the sponsorship relationship has broken down? I define times as how many guests (classifying one family as one guest) have been offered hotel accommodation. That is, if a guest family of four was offered two hotel rooms for two nights in June and two hotel rooms for three nights in August, that would count as one time.
6. How many times has the sponsorship relationship broken down and the guest has been housed by a different sponsor?
7. How many times has the sponsorship relationship broken down and the guest has been registered as homeless, with the Council's statutory homelessness duties being applied?
1. There have been 82 guests living with 36 sponsors matched in Hastings.
2. This is the same question as Q1. There have been 82 guests living in 36 properties.
3. Two sponsors have contacted the council requesting to end the arrangement before 6 months.
4. One guest has contacted the council requesting to end the sponsorship early. There have been four instances of third party contact to the council requesting that a sponsorship is ended early.
5. This has been provided on four occasions.
6. There have been two successful re-matches to new sponsors in Hastings.
Freedom of Information