FOI request (FOIR-426089314)
Hate Crime Research 2022
Requested Mon 30 May 2022
Responded Tue 09 August 2022
We want to explore how the UK hate crime sector has changed over the last five years.
1. Is hate crime included in the council's current Community Safety plan? If yes, can you send us a pdf copy of the Community Safety plan?
2. Does the council have a separate hate crime plan/strategy? If yes, can you send us a pdf copy of the hate crime plan/strategy?
3. Does the council have a designated hate crime lead? If yes, can you provide contact details so we can contact them?
4. Does the council service facilitate or take part in any hate crime forums? If yes, can you list the names of the council forums that the police service facilitates or takes part in?
5. Does the Council have a designated hate crime information page on its website? If yes, can you provide a link?
6. Does the Council facilitate hate crime reporting? If yes, can you please provide details?
7. Does the Council have a budget for tackling hate crime? If yes, what is/was that budget for 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22 and 2022/23?
8. Does the council have access to hate crime resources? If yes, please can you send us pdf copies of them?
9. Does the council refer victims of hate crime to independent advice and support services? If yes, can you please provide details?
10. Is the council planning to participate in National Hate Crime Awareness Week 2022 (8-16 October)? If yes, please can you provide details?
11. Has the council participated in previous National Hate Crime Awareness weeks? If yes, please can you confirm the years from 2012 to 2021?
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
South East Region
3. Yes - Communitysafety@hastings.gov.uk
4. Yes - Hastings and Rother Hate and Anti-Social Behaviour Risk Assessment
5. Yes - https://www.hastings.gov.uk/community-safety/report-hate/
9. Yes - Crimestoppers and Victim Support
11. Yes, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 (funding for the service run by Hastings Voluntary Action ceased)
Freedom of Information