FOI request (FOIR-425468237)
Pay for job role
Requested Fri 27 May 2022
Responded Thu 23 June 2022
Please can you answer the below points in relation to a role that is titled, or similarly titled, Senior Civil Enforcement Officer, for your parking department within your Council.
For clarification this role can include, but is not limited to:
- To manage the daily deployment, operation and supervision of the Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs).
- To support the Parking Operations Team Leader to deliver an efficient and effective on and off street enforcement service and to manage the Council owned car parks, whilst supervising the team to deliver the highest level of customer service.
- To manage the daily deployment of on and off street enforcement to include monitoring and meeting performance targets, ensure compliance and continuous service improvement to deliver the WSCC Civil Parking Enforcement contract.
- To manage the daily deployment roster for Civil Enforcement Officers including recording daily sickness absence and leave details, and adapting accordingly, to ensure the maximum use of resources to deliver an efficient and effective service across the District.
- To carry out regular reviews of penalty charge notices to ensure compliance and legislation is adhered to.
- To manage staff in achieving required performance levels including 1:1s, and return to work interviews.
- To support the Parking Operations Team Leader in the recruitment of Civil Enforcement Officers and deliver the induction, probation and training programme for new staff.
- To audit, report and monitor on street sign and line defects and report to the Parking Operations Team Leader.
- To carry out occasional cash collections from pay and display machines when contractor service provision is interrupted.
- To manage the daily deployment and downloading of the Body Worn Cameras, and to review footage as requested to support PCN challenges, complaints and staff safety.
- To carry out enforcement patrols as required in a fair and equitable way to support the enforcement contract and to ensure regular staff welfare checks.
- To carry out maintenance of the on and off street pay and display machine assets to maintain service provision.
- To directly and without supervision prepare and install suspension signs.
- To support the delivery of the Abandoned Vehicle service by visiting sites and recording reports to the Parking Operations Team Leader.
- To lead on the day to day operation and maintenance of the Councils vehicle fleet, and ensure they are used in accordance with Council procedures.
- To raise purchase orders for uniform and sundries, check in and reconcile stock and countersign pay and display income sheets as required, in line with policy and procedures.
- To reconcile payments made with the corporate credit card in line with policy and procedures.
- To be responsible for the weekend opening and closing security of the Parking Enforcement Office.
- To deputise for the Parking Operations Team Leader in their absence when required.
The questions I would like answering are:
1. Which pay scale doss this job role comes under?
2. The lowest hourly wage, in the scale, for this job role - in £ format.
3. The highest hourly wage, in the scale, for this job role - in £ format.
4. The lowest salary, in the scale, for this job role - in £ format
5. The highest salary in the scale for this job role - in £ format.
6. Number of hours worked per week (average) for this job role.
7. Overtime payments for this role - can be given in an hourly or % of salary format.
To clarify I do not wish to know any individuals wage, just the overall wages that this particular role could achieve.
Hastings Borough Council has a similar role but includes more technical elements around enforcing Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) issues by working with the Police.
1. Grade 6
6. 37 hours
7. Not regular but paid at time and a half
Freedom of Information