FOI request (FOIR-418456490)
Community nursing and residential care home service
Requested Thu 28 April 2022
Responded Wed 04 May 2022
Under the FOI Act, I would like to request information regarding your total annual expenditure and average annual expenditure per service user for mental and physical health community nursing and residential care home services.
I am requesting this data for the past 5 financial years (2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21) broken down by the categories in the list below.
Please note that the subcategories are there both for additional detail if it is available, but also to provide an example of what primary diagnosis/need we are including.
For the categories I am looking to obtain the information for services users whose primary diagnosis falls into each category, but if you have an alternative method of categorisation, I would be happy to receive that with some explanation of your categorisation method.
If the breakdown by subcategories would be unreasonably time-consuming, you may choose to treat it as optional and solely provide information for the categories.
In your reply please also include explanations for each category of what primary diagnosis you have included in those categories.
The categorisations we are interested in obtaining the information for are the below:
1. Acquired brain injuries - examples including:
- Traumatic brain injury
2. Neurodegenerative diseases - examples including:
- Huntington's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Motor neurone disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Cerebral palsy
3. Cognitive disorders - examples including:
- Early-onset dementia
- Severe dementia
4. Psychotic and personality disorders - examples including:
- Psychotic disorders
- Personality disorders
5. Learning disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder - examples including:
- General learning disability
- Learning disabilities with autistic spectrum disorder
- Autistic spectrum disorder
- Complex learning disability (learning disabilities with multiple co-morbidities)
6. Physical disabilities - examples including:
- Spinal injury
- Sensory impairment
Information not held
This area is dealt with my East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information