FOI request (FOIR-410097173)
2021 cremation data
Requested Tue 22 March 2022
Responded Thu 16 June 2022
Under the Freedom of Information Act I would like to ask for statistics on the following:
1. How many cremations did your crematorium(s) perform in 2021?
2. What is your current price for a standard funeral with a service held at Midday on a weekday including all relevant charges (environmental fee, medical referee fee, and so on)?
3. How many minutes long is this service allotted as standard?
4. How many cremations opted not to hold a service (also known as direct cremations) at your crematoria in 2021?
5. What is your current price for a direct cremation with no service including all relevant charges (environmental fee, medical referee fee, and so on)?
6. Do you charge any fees in addition to the standard cremation fee such as environmental fees, medical referee fees, improvement fund fees? If so, how much are these?
7. Do you currently fine those who overrun their allotted service times? If so, how much are fines and what was the total sum of fines in 2021?
8. Do you currently or are you considering running the local authority's own funeral service?
9. What was the surplus/loss for crematorium and/or cemetery operations during the last fiscal year? Please break these down into separate figures for crematoria and cemeteries if available.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
1328 Full adult cremations
16 Children cremations (no charge)
99 Reduced fees 9:30 slots
3. Currently 30 minutes for a service 15 to get in and out and 15 minutes for extra cleaning. It is likely to increase officially to 45 for a service once the pandemic has abated.
4. 165 Directs but there were other cremations that due to COVID-19 restrictions family choose not to attend but we have no practical way of showing this in the statistics.
7. Yes, however, no fines issued.
8. Information not held.
9. 2020/21 - £714,564.10
Freedom of Information