FOI request (FOIR-408131876)
Public Health Funerals
Requested Tue 15 March 2022
Responded Wed 23 March 2022
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I am writing to request the following information regarding funerals arranged by the Council under Section 46 of the Public Health Act 1984 (England and Wales) and Section 87 of the Burial and Cremation Act 2002 (Scotland).
1. How many such funerals has the Council arranged since 15th January 2022?
In each case please disclose:
a. The name and last residential address of the deceased
b. The deceased's dates of birth and death
c. Whether the deceased's next of kin/family members have been traced
d. Whether the deceased's estate has been referred to the Government Legal Department or elsewhere
2. Has the Council passed this information to any other individual or organisation (either formally through a FOI request or by other means)?
3. Does the Council work with any genealogist? If so, which?
4. Does the Council publish a list of Public Health Funerals it has arranged?
a. Where is the list published (please provide web address if on-line)?
b. How often is the list updated?
c. When was the list last updated?
5. Who in the Council is responsible for the Council's Public Health Funerals? Please advise us of their names and contact details.
1. Please see attached document
2. Information not held
4a. This information is published on our website:
4b. No set date, however this is usually done on a quarterly basis.
4c. 14 March 2022
5. Mike Hepworth, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom of Information