FOI request (FOIR-399353486)
Direct Payments in Social Care
Requested Mon 07 February 2022
Responded Thu 10 February 2022
1. How many adults receiving support have a direct payment within your local authority?
2. How many children do you support that have a direct payment within your local authority?
3. How many of your direct payment recipients require extra support with the administration of their direct payments?
4a. Do you provide or commission a service that manages or supports your direct payment users with the administration of their direct payment, doing such tasks as paying invoices for care or returning documents to the local authority on behalf of the direct payment user?
4b. Who is this provider of this service within your local authority?
4c. Please provide the specification for the contract that is currently in place for this service or outline what the main duties of the service provider are?
4d. What is the annual cost of the service currently on place?
4e. When does your contract with your current provider end?
5a. Do you provide or commission a service to provide information and signposting support for your direct payment users?
5b. Who is this provider of this service within your local authority?
5c. Please provide the specification for the contract that is currently in place for this service or outline what the main duties of the service provider are?
5d. What is the annual cost of the service currently on place?
5e. When does your contract with your current provider end?
6. How many of your direct payment recipients make an assessed financial contribution to their direct payment?
7. Please provide the title, name and contact information for the officer responsible for commissioning these services within your local authority.
8. Please provide the title and the name of the officer in charge of quality assuring these services mentioned in this FOI.
9. What is the percentage of direct payments within your authority that continue beyond two years and have had both the six week review and at least one annual reconciliation of the direct payment account?
10. How many cases of fraud or misuse have you identified within the last 2 years?
11. Do you process your direct payments in house or do you have someone that provides this service for you?
12. What systems do you offer direct payments service users for payroll? Are they an in house or an external provider? Please name the provider if external.
13. Is the processing of your direct payments done in house or is this a task provided by an external service provider?
Information not held
Social Care is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information