FOI request (FOIR-396463191)
Requested Thu 27 January 2022
Responded Thu 03 February 2022
I am interested in learning about the impact of high gas and electricity prices on local authorities' finances and services.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I would be grateful to know:
1. Have your authority's electricity and gas bills increased since July 2021?
2. If so, by roughly how much?
3. Is this increase due to a higher rate per unit of gas and electricity charged by your energy provider, or for another reason?
4. Have you made any reductions to the provision of street lighting in your area since July 2021, or are you planning any reductions? Please specify the changes, if so.
5. If yes, is this because energy bills have risen?
6. Have you made any reductions to the provision of lighting or heating in any of your buildings, or are you planning any reductions? Please specify the changes, if so.
7. If yes, is this because energy bills have risen?
1. Electricity no, Gas yes
2. Gas 10% increase on kwh rate
3. Higher rate per unit of gas
4. Street Lighting is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information:
5. Not applicable
7. Not applicable
Freedom of Information