FOI request (FOIR-394777462)
Requested Thu 20 January 2022
Responded Wed 02 March 2022
Please can you supply electronic copies of the following information.
1. The methods of disposal for rejected household recycling used by your authority for the following years:
2. The annual cost to dispose of rejected household recycling within your authority for the following years:
3. The main reasons for household recycling being rejected. For example, items were contaminated or not suitable for recycling.
4. Any guidance or instructions under which recycling centres determine the acceptance or rejection of items collected within your authority.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
1. All years - Sent to an ERF (Energy Recycling Facility).
2. All years - Included within the joint waste contract.
3. The main reason is contamination.
4. We are only a WCA (Waste Collection Authority), not a WDA (Waste Disposal Authority). Acceptance criteria is established through the disposal contract managed by East Sussex County Council in their role as the Waste Disposal Authority. Please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information