FOI request (FOIR-371339847)
Credit Information on NNDR Accounts
Requested Fri 15 October 2021
Responded Tue 02 November 2021
I would like to obtain the information, from the Council, relating to unclaimed business rate credit balances.
I am aware that all Billing Authorities hold on account sums of money that are due to be returned to ratepayers and for a variety of reasons have not been repaid and maybe considered untraceable by the Council.
I would request you send a breakdown of credit balances accrued since April 2017, for the amounts owing to all incorporated companies within your authorities billing area, including the following information:
1. The name of each business in respect of which non-domestic rate credit balances remain payable,
2. The value of overpayment in each case which remains unclaimed,
3. The years(s) in which overpayment was made,
4. The hereditament address,
5. The name of each business in respect of which non-domestic rate credit balances has been written back on to the NDR account,
6. The value of write back in each case which remains unclaimed,
7. The years(s) in which write back was made (if available), and
8. The hereditament address that the write back relates to.
Please see attached two reports, one for credits and one for debit adjustments. We are unable to provide the information from a certain date as the reports pick up all adjustments and also we are unable to specify the dates in which the debit adjustments were made.
Freedom of Information