FOI request (FOIR-363317633)
Requested Wed 15 September 2021
Responded Wed 29 September 2021
1. Do you currently use emergency housing that has been converted from offices or other commercial uses in the last 5 years?
a) How many families with children are currently living in converted buildings?
b) How many families with children in these building are sharing communal cooking facilities?
c) How many families with children in these buildings are sharing communal bathrooms?
2. How many households with children are currently registered for bidding for a council home?
3. For households with children which have been allocated permanent housing with three bedrooms or more since 23 March 2020, what was the average time they spent on the housing waiting list?
4. What is the number of households with children you currently have waiting for a decision on their homelessness application?
5. Since 23 March 2020, how many households with children in temporary accommodation have waited for a decision on homelessness beyond 56 days?
6. For those households with children who are currently living in temporary housing, what is the average time they have spent in temporary housing so far?
7. For those households with children who are currently living in emergency housing, what is the average time they have spent in emergency housing so far?
8. How many households with children are currently living in emergency housing?
9. From 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, how many households with children made homelessness applications to the council?
10. From 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020, how many households with children made homelessness applications to the council?
Q1. We source properties from external providers on an ad hoc basis, as and when needed, based on household size and housing needs of the household. We do not hold any information as to whether or not those properties were previously used as offices or other commercial uses. The temporary accommodation that the council manages / owns are either flats or houses. Our 'emergency housing' is our 'temporary accommodation', they are one and the same.
Q2. There are 239 households with children aged under 19 currently on our housing register.
Q3. For wait times, please see attached document 'FOIR-363317633 - wait times.xlsx'.
Q4. There are 68 households with children currently waiting for a 'decision'.
Q5. There are 88 households with children currently in temporary accommodation that have had a decision or are waiting for a decision, once their 56 days Relief Duty ended on or after 23 March 2020.
Q6. The average time for current households with children living in temporary accommodation is 249 days.
Q7. See Q6 above. Our 'emergency housing' is our 'temporary accommodation, they are one and the same.
Q8. Our 'emergency housing' is our 'temporary accommodation'. There are 98 households with children currently living in 'temporary accommodation'.
Q9. The number of households that made homeless applications from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 is published on the gov.uk website at:
Q10. The number of households that made homeless applications from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 is published on the gov.uk website at:
Freedom of Information