FOI request (FOIR-363014408)
Requested Tue 14 September 2021
Responded Thu 23 September 2021
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information relating to recycling and general waste collection facilities and services.
1. Do you currently operate commercial or residential waste collection services: (1) directly, (2) via a waste contractor, or (3) through a joint-partnership with another authority?
1a. If via a contractor, please can you provide their name. Similarly, if in partnership with another authority, please name.
2. Could you please provide a breakdown of the number of large (that is, a bin with capacity greater than 500 litres) recycling and general waste bins that you own, or fall under the remit of your authority?
2a. Can you provide details of how many of these bins are metal versus plastic?
2b. Are these bins purchased outright by the authority, or leased?
3. If possible, can you provide any details of spending history on large (that is, a capacity greater than 500 litres) recycling and general waste bins (for as many years as reasonably possible)?
3a. Can you provide details of which suppliers this spend was with?
4.Do you carry out any maintenance on your existing fleet of 'large' bins? Is this done directly, or via a contractor? If via a contractor please name.
4a. Is it possible to provide details of spend on maintenance of 'large' bins?
5. Do you have any 'Big belly' solar compactor bins within your authority? If so, how many?
If information is not available for 'large' bins only, please provide details for all general waste and recycling bins under your authority.
1. Via a waste contractor.
1a. Hastings Borough Council is in a joint waste partnership contract with Wealden and Rother District Councils - the contractor is Biffa, email: JointWaste@wealden.gov.uk
2. 1400 bins, 660 litre and above.
2a. Information not held, we only record sizes.
3. £79,989.46 with Wybone and £75,796.70 with Glasdon. This is not just large waste and recycling bins. We are unable to provide further break downs. This spend is for the whole of Hastings Borough Council in the last 4 years.
3a. Please refer to (3).
4. Via a contractor, Forest Heath. Occasionally bins are sent off for refurbishment elsewhere.
4a. Information not held.
Freedom of Information