FOI request (FOIR-360714517)
Migrant unaccompanied minors
Requested Fri 03 September 2021
Responded Tue 14 September 2021
Please can you disclose:
1. The total number of migrant unaccompanied minors* cared for by the local authority in each of the past ten years.
This can be disclosed as either financial or calendar years, depending on how you record this data, and please provide 2021 figures up to today's date, 03/09/2021.
*By 'migrant unaccompanied minors' I mean children under 18 seeking asylum who have no responsible adult with them to care for them so are in need of local authority care.
2. The number of migrant unaccompanied minors cared for by the local authority who were reported missing in each of the years.
If you record the number of relevant missing episodes rather than the number of individual minors reported missing, I am happy for you to provide this.
3. If held, the number of these children who were flagged as being reported missing repeatedly in each of these years and a figure for the number of missing episodes recorded for the child who went missing the most times in each year.
4. If held, the age range of the migrant unaccompanied minors reported missing in each of the years.
For instance, if 10 of the children were reported missing and their ages were 10, 10, 11, 15, 9, 9, 12, 17, 17 and 16 then you would just disclose the age range as 9-17.
5. If held, the number of these children who were labelled as at risk of child sexual exploitation and/or human trafficking when they were reported missing while in the local authority's care in each of the years.
6. If held, the number of these missing episodes in each year deemed 'high risk' and the number deemed 'medium risk'.
7. The total number of migrant unaccompanied minors transferred to the local authority under the National Transfer Scheme in each year since 2016.
As above, this can be disclosed as either financial or calendar years, depending on how you record this data, and please provide 2021 figures up to today's date, 03/09/2021.
Hastings Borough Council holds no information in respect of your request.
This area is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information