FOI request (FOIR-359999340)
Potholes and road defects
Requested Wed 01 September 2021
Responded Wed 08 September 2021
I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information act:
1. The total number of potholes and/or road defects reported in your local area, broken down by month for the years 2019, 2020 and 2021 to date.
2. The total number of potholes and/or road defects fixed by the council, broken down by month for the years 2019, 2020 and 2021 to date.
3. The amount of money spent by the council on fixing potholes and/or road defects broken down by year, for 2019, 2020 and 2021 (calendar years if possible, please).
4. The total amount of money paid out in compensation due to potholes and/or road defects, broken down by year for 2019, 2020, 2021 (calendar years if possible, please).
5. And if possible, please can you give an indication of the amount of time taken to fix a single pothole (from starting work on the fix to the road being open again)?
If limited by time, please prioritise in order of Q1, Q2, Q3 and so on.
Information not held
This area is dealt with by East Sussex County Council Highways, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information