FOI request (FOIR-356172999)
External Litter Bins
Requested Fri 13 August 2021
Responded Wed 25 August 2021
I am trying to establish how the council procures its external litter bins and have the following questions:
1. What has the council spent in each of the last 4 years to March 2021 on external street and park litter bins?
2. Going forward how is the budget expected to change and by how much?
3. Who have been the top 5 suppliers of litter bins in each of these years?
4. What Model of litter bin was purchased from each company?
5. How much did the council spend with each?
6. Has the council followed a tender process? If so, can you provide details including when any existing contracts come to an end.
7. If the council does not follow a tender process, how does the council select its supplier?
8. Does the council have a policy for renewals of litter bins? If so, please can I have a description.
1. £79,989.46 with Wybone and £75,796.70 with Glasdon but this isn't just for external bins - we are unable to provide a break down
3. and 4.
Glasdon - we use Evolution, Nexus, Orbis, Portable and Sherwood
Wybone - we use Compass, Mini Cyclo, Portable, Victoriana double, Victoriana single - this does not mean we have purchased all in the last 4 years, but as stated in (1), we are unable to provide a break down.
5. See (1)
6. No - due to the values involved, we usually get 3 prices, assuming there are sufficient suppliers that can fulfil our requirements
7. As above
Freedom of Information