FOI request (FOIR-349808263)
Requested Fri 16 July 2021
Responded Tue 27 July 2021
1. What method do you use for weed control?
2. Do you use Chemicals?
3. If you use chemicals, is the council looking to using a more environmentally friendly method?
4. Does the council carry out weed control duties in-house or is this contracted out?
5. If contracted out, who is the contractor responsible for street cleansing duties?
6. Please provide contact details for the person(s) responsible for managing weed control within the council.
1. Hand and Spray
3. Yes, we use Katoun Gold. Katoun Gold is a contact acting total herbicide containing pelargonic acid which is derived from sustainable plant origins (Sunflower and Oilseed Rape meal).
4. It is contracted out.
5a. Street and Highway weeds are managed by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information: www.eastsussex.gov.uk
5b. Hastings Borough Council contractor for Parks is Idverde.
6. Mike Hepworth, Assistant Director Environment and Place - email email@example.com
Freedom of Information