FOI request (FOIR-336174230)
Requested Wed 19 May 2021
Responded Mon 14 June 2021
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information. Could you kindly provide me with the answer to the questions listed below for the years 2016-2021?
This relates to social housing however, I would like any information held on privately owned properties also.
1. How much money had been spent on subsidence repairs?
2. How much money is spent on structural repairs in general per year?
3. For how many days have houses been rendered inhabitable due to structural issues?
4. Number of instances where emergency rehousing has had to occur due to structural damage in need of structural repairs?
5. How much has been spent on emergency structural repairs in the cases where rehousing has had to take place due to structural damage?
6. What proactive measures are the council taking to prevent issues that have to do with global warming, for example, different and more sustainable house building methods?
7. Number of flooded properties because of global warming?
8. Number of flooded properties because of global warming per year?
9. How many properties have been flooded due to global warming for the first time?
10. How much money has been spent on flood preservation measures?
11. How much money has been spent on flood induced structural damage repairs? I would like to please ask, if the information dating back to 2016 is not available, could I nonetheless please obtain the information which you have for all other available years between 2016 and 2021?
Any information provided would be greatly appreciated. Please provide the information in an electronic copy, by email. If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request. If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.
Hastings Borough Council does not own any social housing properties. The Council's housing stock was transferred to 1066 Housing Association (now Optivo) in 1996 as part of a Large Scale Voluntary Transfer (LSVT), we therefore do not hold any information for questions below re social housing. We do own/manage temporary accommodation properties.
1. None, information not held.
2. None, information not held.
3. None owned by Hastings Borough Council. Information not held for other types of properties.
4. None for Hastings Borough Council owned/managed properties. However, the number of people who presented as homeless due to result of fire or flood / other emergency or property disrepair and who live in private rented accommodation and placed in temporary accommodation at time of presentation:
2016/17 = unable to report on this in this format
2017/18 = unable to report on this in this format
2018/19 = 0
2019/20 = 2
2020/21 = 0
April 2021 to to date = 0
5. Information not held.
6. Information not held.
7. Information not held.
8. Information not held.
9. Information not held.
10. Information not held.
11. Information not held.
Freedom of Information