FOI request (FOIR-306973226)
Telecare and Community Alarm Services
Requested Thu 11 February 2021
Responded Wed 17 February 2021
This is an information request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I would be grateful if you would supply the following information about the council's Technology Enabled Care Service (to include Telecare and Community Alarm Services):
1. Do you offer a Telecare/Assistive Technology/Technology Enabled Care to your residents?
2. If so, what is its name and who provides the current Service?
3. If not, how is this provided in your area?
4. If provided, please indicate which elements of the following are provided:
e. Mobile Response
5. Please indicate of these elements, which ones are provided either In-House or whether they are Outsourced?
6. If they are provided In-House, please indicate which Council Function has responsibility for the elements of the service?
7. If they are provided through outsourcing, please indicate which provider companies supply the different elements?
8. If these elements (or the whole service) are outsourced, can you tell us the start date of the contract and what the expected end date is? Upon expiry of the contracts, do you intend to go out to tender?
9. If the services are In-House, are there any plans to review existing arrangements and if so when is this likely to take place?
10. For the outsourced services are you able to indicate an annual cost of the service?
11. How many registered users do you have for these services?
12. If you provide a mobile response service, can you please indicate on average, per annum, how many people receive this service and how many call outs there are?
13. Do you charge for any element of the service? If so which elements? And can you please provide your charges?
14. Have you made the transfer from analogue to digital in your services? And if not, what are the plans for doing this by 2025?
15. Do you have a lead for TECS in the council and if so, could you provide a contact email for the individual please?
16. Do you have a lead commissioner in the council for these services and if so, could you provide a contact email for the individual please?
17. Is your council reviewing telecare services/assistive technology at the moment? If so, what is the contact name of the person who is leading this review and what is the reason for reviewing these services?
18. If In-House, do you procure your TECS equipment through a procurement framework and if so please give details of which ones?
19. What 'self-serve' privately funded options are there for your TECS services?
20. Do you have a link to a traditional community equipment service for these services, and if so which service?
Information not held
This area is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information