FOI request (FOIR-293127749)
Live Business Rate accounts
Requested Fri 08 January 2021
Responded Tue 13 April 2021
In accordance with the provisions specified within the above Act I hereby request the following information or an update of the information since the last request. All information requested relates to Business Rates.
Required Information - A list of all live business rates accounts with a 2017 list Rateable Value greater than or equal to £5,000.
1. Property Reference Number (also known as Billing Authority Reference Number) of the property on which the charge is made. Please note that this is not the Rate Demand or Rate Account Number.
2. Current rateable value
3. Account holder name
4. Property address
5. The billing address (where different to the property address), the contact telephone number and email address
6. The date the current ratepayer became liable for the business rates - we do not require any historical account liability dates only the current ratepayers liability start date
7. Where a property is currently empty please provide the date the ratepayer became liable for empty rates
8. Where there is an exemption on the account please provide the start and end date and type of exemption applied (e.g. listed building)
9. Where there is a relief on the account please provide the date it was applied and the type of relief (e.g. charity)
We do not require any personal information or sole traders.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. The department that held the information were heavily involved with COVID-19 grants which had to take priority.
Please see attached 3 spreadsheets. There is a common field of Property Reference on all three sheets.
Telephone numbers and email addresses have not been included as this is exempt information if personal under Section 40(20) of the Freedom of Information Act 'personal data' and also it has been estimated to exceed the time limit for businesses under Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act.
Freedom of Information