FOI request (FOIR-291100625)
2020 cremation statistics
Requested Mon 04 January 2021
Responded Fri 15 January 2021
1. How many cremations did your crematorium(s) perform in 2020?
2. How many of these cremations opted not to hold a service (also known as direct cremations) at your crematoria in 2020?
3. What is your current price for a standard funeral with a service held at Midday on a weekday including all relevant charges (environmental fee/medical referee fee/etc.)?
4. How many minutes long is this service allotted as standard?
5. What is your current price for a direct cremation with no service including all relevant charges (environmental fee/medical referee fee/etc.)?
6. Do you charge any fees in addition to the standard cremation fee such as environmental fees, medical referee fees, improvement fund fees? If so, how much are these?
7. Do you currently fine those who overrun their allotted service times? If so, how much are fines and what was the total sum of fines in 2020?
8. Do you currently or are you considering running the local authority's own funeral service?
9. What was the surplus/loss for crematorium and/or cemetery operations during the last fiscal year? Please break these down into separate figures for crematoria and cemeteries if available.
2. 165 (155 direct, 10 No service)
4. 60 minutes, but we are currently restricting services to 30 minutes to allow extra time to enter, exit, clean the chapel and overflow (we need to use 2 rooms to allow up to 30 people due to the 2m rule from central government) and leave space and time to avoid families crossing paths where possible (car park etc.).
6. The environmental fee is £67, all the other fees are inclusive the base fee.
7. We do fine, rarely, if the next service is unable to start on time, the fee is £187.
8. Not at present.
9. Information not held
Freedom of Information