FOI request (FOIR-269077214)
Rope / tree swings
Requested Thu 05 November 2020
Responded Fri 13 November 2020
I am currently undertaking research in to the way in which local authorities and other land owners deal with rope / tree swings that are put up on their land.
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, I would be obliged if you could provide your responses to the following -
1. Do you have a policy for the inspection of woodland for which you are the land owner or have responsibility for?
2. If your answer to the above is yes, what is the frequency of your inspections?
3. What is your policy as to the inspection for / removal of rope swings?
4. Do you use any warning signs regarding rope swings? If yes, please provide details of the warnings you give and you policy for the erection of such warning signs.
5. Please provide a link to your policy documents regarding inspection of woodland, inspection for / removal of rope swings and warning signs.
2. Depends upon footfall - usually every 3 years.
3. Hastings Borough Council has no policy, however, if we see rope swings, they are removed - to prevent injury to public and damage to the trees.
4. Hastings Borough Council do not use warning signs for rope swings.
Freedom of Information