FOI request (FOIR-260357988)
Requested Tue 13 October 2020
Responded Tue 20 October 2020
I am writing to you with a request I would like to make under the Freedom of Information Act into the recording of illegally imported pets in your authority and the subsequent actions carried out.
I have detailed the request below:
1. Please state how many dogs and cats have been investigated by your councils under suspicion of being brought to the UK illegally in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
2. Please state how many of these pets were found to have been illegally imported into the UK.
3. Please state how many of the pets taken by your council for being illegally imported were returned to owners once quarantine and veterinary payments were met.
4. Please state how many pets have had to be euthanised having been illegally brought to the UK over the following timeframes.
5. Please list the three most common breeds of dog that you have had to seize as a result of having been illegally imported into the UK (NB if data is not available anecdotal evidence will be helpful).
For the above I have used calendar year (January-December) as the time period but if you are only able to provide financial year (April-March) then please just confirm when providing the data.
Hastings Borough Council has not received any information regarding the importing of pets for the years listed therefore no information is held in respect of this request.
Freedom of Information