FOI request (FOIR-259118438)
Education Scrutiny Committee
Requested Fri 09 October 2020
Responded Thu 15 October 2020
I would like to understand the exact process around co-optee membership to your Education Scrutiny Committee (or whichever name your Local Authority calls this committee).
1. Does your LA's Education Scrutiny Committee include any co-opted (non-councillor) members? If so, how many?
2. Are co-opted members co-opted to represent a specific group or organisation?
3. Do such co-opted members have specific titles associated with their position?
4. Is there a formal process for such members being co-opted? What is this process?
5. Does your Terms of Reference (or similar governance document) for the Education Scrutiny Committee define exactly the process in written form (and if so please provide the said document)?
6. Is there here any difference in this process for statutory co-optee members versus non-statutory (discretionary) members?
7. Do such co-opted members have voting rights on the committee (i.e. the same full privileges as do councillor members on the committee)?
8. Do you have a specific space on the committee which is filled by parent governors?
9. Is it a requirement locally for such parent governor representatives to be governors at local maintained schools, or are Academy school parent governor representatives allowed?
10. How many Academy school parent governors do you currently have on your Education Scrutiny committee in this municipal year?
11. How many Academy school parent governors did you have on your Education Scrutiny committee in the previous municipal year?
Information not held
Education is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information: www.eastsussex.gov.uk
Freedom of Information