FOI request (FOIR-241603574)
Requested Mon 24 August 2020
Responded Fri 28 August 2020
1. What was the Local Welfare Assistance Scheme budget in your local authority for each of the financial years - 2018/19; 2019/20; and 2020/21?
2. How much was spent during 2018/19; 2019/20; and 2020/21? For 2020/21, how much has been spent so far?
3. What type of support is available, for example cash loans, grants, and/or furniture and white goods?
4. Do you provide furniture/white goods through your Local Welfare Assistance Scheme?
5. If you do provide support for furniture/white goods through your Local Welfare Assistance Scheme, do you supply the item or a grant/cash to purchase items?
6. If you provide furniture/white goods through your Local Welfare Assistance scheme, what proportion of your budget is spent on these items?
7. Have you received any additional Government funding specifically for a Local Welfare Assistance Scheme in 2020? If yes, how much?
8. What were the number of completed applications to the scheme in 2018/19; 2019/20; and 2020/21?
9. How many were successful in 2018/19; 2019/20; and 2020/21?
Q1 - None - Hastings Borough Council (HBC) does not have a Local Welfare Assistance scheme.
Q2 - N/A - see Q1 above.
Q3 - HBC do not provide loans or grants for furniture/white goods. However, we do provide loans for deposit and rent in advance to households.
Q4 - Q9 - N/A - see Q1 above.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.