FOI request (FOIR-237673376)
Requested Wed 12 August 2020
Responded Wed 26 August 2020
In accordance with the provisions specified within the above Act I hereby request the following information.
All information requested relates to Business Rates.
This request for information falls within the parameters of the Act but if you require clarification on any of the points above or should you wish to discuss this further then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Required Information - A list of all live business rates accounts with a 2017 list Rateable Value.
1. Property Reference Number (also known as Billing Authority Reference Number) of the property on which the charge is made. Please note that this is not the Rate Demand or Rate Account Number.
2. Current rateable value
3. Account holder name
4. Property address
5. The billing address (where different to the property address), the contact telephone number and email address
6. The date the current ratepayer became liable for the business rates - we do not require any historical account liability dates only the current ratepayers liability start date
7. Whether a property is empty or occupied
8. Where a property is currently empty please provide the date the ratepayer became liable for empty rates
9. Where there is an exemption on the account please provide the start and end date and type of exemption applied (e.g. listed building)
10. Where there is a relief on the account please provide the date it was applied and the type of relief (e.g. Retail Discount)
We do not require any personal information or sole traders.
Please provide the information in an electronic, spreadsheet format ideally excel. The Act requires that a response be provided within a period of 20 working days from the date hereof.
There are three spreadsheets providing the information requested: a full list of accounts, a list of reliefs including empty, and a list of exemptions.
The Billing Authority property reference is included in all three lists for cross checking purposes.
It is not possible to include email or contact telephone details because this would require manual input and would exceed the time limit as set by the Information Commissioner and is therefore being refused under Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act.
In addition to Section 12 names and email addresses of private individuals is exempt under Section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information 'personal data', this is an absolute exemption and will not be disclosed.
Freedom of Information