FOI request (FOIR-234669232)
COVID LA Grant Schemes
Requested Mon 03 August 2020
Responded Fri 09 October 2020
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
I would be grateful for any information you have on the following:
1. The number of individual payments and total sum paid specifically to charities and not for profit organisations between 24th March to 28th July 2020 under the following schemes:
· Small Business Grants Fund (SBGF) scheme
· Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Grants Fund (RHLGF)
· Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund
2. A copy of (or link to) the form and any associated application guidance required to be used for the application of the above.
3. The number of total applications made to each scheme, and the total number rejected for each scheme.
4. The number of total applications made by charities and not for profit organisations to each scheme, and the total number rejected for each scheme.
5. If the council has during the period of 24th March - 28th July created or contributed to any other COVID grant or loan schemes to the local community, voluntary and social enterprise sector. The total sum of the contribution and the total number of recipient organisations.
We are aware that the government has published transparency data on the total number of hereditaments but unfortunately this is not broken down by the legal status or structure of the applying organisations.
I would like the above information to be provided to me as paper or electronic copies.
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the Act, you are required to advise and assist requesters.
If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
If the release of any of this information is prohibited on the grounds of breach of confidence, I ask that you supply me with copies of the confidentiality agreement and remind you that information should not be treated as confidential if such an agreement has not been signed.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within the 20 working days after you receive this letter. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Scheme 1 Small Business Grants Fund (SBGF) scheme - Information not held
Scheme 2 Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Grants Fund (RHLGF) - Information not held
Scheme 3 Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund - 13 applications - value £137,500
2. Forms attached.
3. Schemes 1 and 2: 2,131 applications - 392 rejected, Scheme 3: 213 applications - 99 rejected
4. Schemes 1 and 2: Information not held, Scheme 3: 13 applications - no rejections
5. Any information relating to this question can be found on our website under supplier payments via the following link: https://www.hastings.gov.uk/my-council/transparency/budgets/
Freedom of Information