FOI request (FOIR-208632277)
Requested Tue 19 May 2020
Responded Tue 26 May 2020
This is a request for information under the The Environmental Information Regulations Act 2004. I would like to receive the following information:
1. A list of all (or as many major ones that are accessible under compliance limits) tree planting projects that have happened in the area under your jurisdiction since 2015 and any that are planned for the future, which have been acknowledged by the council in official correspondences, strategy documentation or press releases in relation to the council's carbon reduction strategy.
2. Copies of the official correspondences, strategy documentation or press releases covered by part 1.
3. A copy of any planning and strategy documents for the projects covered by part 1, which includes details of who is carrying out a project, how much it costs, where it is taking place and the reasons behind it taking place.
4. Details of any tree-planting projects covered by part 1 that is specifically being used in a carbon offsetting project by the council, where the carbon absorption of trees is being matched with emission of carbon elsewhere.
5. Details of any schemes that are in place to ensure the protection of the tree planting projects covered by part 1 - including any guarantees against the risk of them being chopped down, and any guarantees about their being replaced should they die.
Hastings Borough Council holds no information in respect of this request.
Freedom of Information