FOI request (FOIR-190671330)
Requested Wed 01 April 2020
Responded Tue 23 June 2020
Required Information;- A list of all live business rates accounts with a 2017 list Rateable Value greater than or equal to £5,000.
• Property Reference Number (also known as Billing Authority Reference Number) of the property on which the charge is made. Please note that this is not the Rate Demand or Rate Account Number.
• Current rateable value
• Account holder name
• Property address
• The billing address (where different to the property address), the contact telephone number and email address
• The date the current ratepayer became liable for the business rates - we do not require any historical account liability dates only the current ratepayers liability start date
• Where a property is currently empty please provide the date the ratepayer became liable for empty rates
• Where there is an exemption on the account please provide the start and end date and type of exemption applied (e.g. listed building)
• Where there is a relief on the account please provide the date it was applied and the type of relief (e.g. charity)
• We do not require any personal information or sole traders.
Please provide the information in an electronic, spreadsheet format. The Act requires that a response be provided within a period of 20 working days from the date hereof. In my experience this request for information falls within the parameters of the Act.
Please find attached our response to your Freedom of Information request shown over three spreadsheets.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in the response due to the immense workload on the department due to the Covid-19 Business Support Grant work.
Freedom of Information