FOI request (FOIR-183027167)
Requested Thu 12 March 2020
Responded Fri 20 March 2020
NB all questions about 'schools' means academies, independent schools, free schools and local authority schools.
1. The number of education psychologists employed centrally by the local authority (not locum education psychologists or private education psychologists paid by the LA) in 2019-20, 2018-19 and 2017-18 (academic years)
AND the amount of money this cost the local authority for each of those years
2. The number of education psychologists paid by the local authority who are not employed centrally (so locum education psychologists and private education psychologists) in 2019-20, 2018-19 and 2017-18 (academic years)
AND the amount of money this cost the local authority for each of those years.
3. Please state whether your local authority has fully traded services for the non-statutory work done by education psychologists i.e. please state YES or NO that your local authority charges schools for education psychologist work that is not Education Health and Care Plan assessments.
If yes, what year did you fully trade your non-statutory education psychologist services i.e. when did the local authority introduce these charges on schools?
If your local authority has partially traded its education psychologist services, please state what the LA does and does not charge schools for.
4. Please provide both the total number of all schools in the local authority, and the number of schools in the local authority which bought education psychologist services from the local authority in 2019-20, 2018-19, 2017-18 (academic years).
5. How much did the local authority charge schools for education psychologist services in 2019-20, 2018-19, 2017-18.
6. Can the local authority identify its key priorities and problems regarding education psychologists, and provide any reasons? (e.g. can't recruit because of lack of trainees, schools won't buy our services because of lack of funding etc)
To speed up your answers, please use the attached spreadsheet, which covers questions 1, 2, 4 and 5. Please fill in the green spaces.
Information not heldSchools and Education is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information: www.eastsussex.gov.uk
Freedom of Information