FOI request (FOIR-174676921)
Electric Vehicle Charge Points
Requested Thu 13 February 2020
Responded Mon 23 March 2020
1. How many electric vehicle charging points have the council installed in the local authority? (split slow/medium/fast)
2. How many do you plan to install over the next year? (split slow/medium/fast)
3. How much has currently been budgeted for electric vehicle infrastructure?
4. Are you receiving funding/grants for electric vehicle infrastructure from central government?
5. Are you paying for the capital expenditure of the electric vehicle infrastructure EV points or are they being installed for free as part of a profit share/rental model?
6. If you have paid for the capital expenditure, are you generating a profit?
7. Do you think the LA is sufficiently prepared with electric vehicle infrastructure for the anticipated increase in demand for electric vehicles?
8. Are you able to provide any usage data for the charge points installed?
Q1 - 2 Fast Points (1 dual head 7kw charger) 2 Rapid Points (I dual head 50kw charger)
Q2 - 5 Fast units with a capacity to charge 9 cars, 3 x 7kw and 6 x 22kw
Q3 - Up to £20,000
Q4 - No, the current grants are more for East Sussex County Council www.eastsussex.gov.uk as they are concerned with on street residential areas rather than off street car parks.
Q5 - Capital expenditure
Q6 - No
Q7 - This is not a request for recorded information.
Q8 - The current charge points are not working hence this procurement exercise so we do no hold this data presently.
Freedom of Information