FOI request (FOIR-171284450)
GDPR Taking of Photos
Requested Thu 30 January 2020
Responded Wed 19 February 2020
As your aware GDPR applies to personal data, which is defined under regulation 4 of the regulations.
Staff who are involved in the collection, publication or taking of photographs or video footage of a person under the instruction of your Council must understand their obligations under GDPR.
Can you please supply me with the following :
· Can you please detail how your Council trains or provides guidance to all staff who undertake photography or filming activity?
· Do you have a policy or procedure for the taking of photographs or filming activity at events?
· How do you manage consent at Councils functions or events? Please supply a copy of any policies or procedure pertaining to same.
· Do you place notices or posters at events to give warning to attendees that photographs will be taken? If yes, please include a copy of the announcement, sign, advertisement or poster. If no, what is your procedure?
· Do you have a 'Planning an event' checklist or procedure for staff? If yes, please supply a copy.
· If applicable, do you give notice on the event invitations that photographs will be taken? If yes, please include a copy.
· Do you have a media consent form? If yes, please enclose a copy.
· How do you manage consent for underage attendees?
· How do you manage consent kids photos taken in your library service?
· How do you manage consent for photos taken for official use (used in publications, plans, reports, etc.)
· Has your Council made any recommendations or reports to management concerning the taking of pictures or filming within your organisation? If so, please supply me with a copy.
ResponsePlease see attached all information that is held by Hastings Borough Council in respect of this request.Library Service is the responsibility of East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information: www.eastsussex.gov.uk
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.