FOI request (FOIR-169556540)
Requested Wed 22 January 2020
Responded Fri 14 February 2020
In accordance with the provisions specified within the above Act I hereby request the following information or an update of the information since the last request. All information requested relates to Business Rates.
Required Information;- A list of all live business rates accounts with a 2017 list Rateable Value greater than or equal to £5,000.
• Property Reference Number (also known as Billing Authority Reference Number) of the property on which the charge is made. Please note that this is not the Rate Demand or Rate Account Number.
• Current rateable value
• Account holder name
• Property address
• The billing address (where different to the property address), the contact telephone number and email address
• The date the current ratepayer became liable for the business rates - we do not require any historical account liability dates only the current ratepayers liability start date
• Where a property is currently empty please provide the date the ratepayer became liable for empty rates
• Where there is an exemption on the account please provide the start and end date and type of exemption applied (e.g. listed building)
• Where there is a relief on the account please provide the date it was applied and the type of relief (e.g. charity)
• We do not require any personal information or sole traders.
Please see attached three spreadsheets.
One gives a full list of properties over £5,000 rateable value. This does not include e-mail addresses or telephone numbers as they require manual investigation and input which would exceed the time limit set by the Information Commissioner under Section 12 of the act.
One gives reliefs, including empty, including the reason code for the relief.
One gives exemptions.
The property reference appears on all three spreadsheets.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.