FOI request (FOIR-167706307)
Children in care
Requested Tue 14 January 2020
Responded Fri 17 January 2020
1) How many registered children's homes are operating in the local authority, including private, voluntary and local authority-run homes. Please provide data for each of the last three financial years (2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19).
2) How many children's homes places are available in the local authority area for looked-after children - and how many places go unused
a) each month
Please provide data where possible for each of the last 3 financial years. (2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19)
3) How many looked-after children were placed by the local authority into temporary accommodation during the year in each year of the last three financial years. (2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19)
a) Where possible also provide the accommodation used - for example, B&Bs, caravans, hostels, barges etc.
b) Where possible please also provide the duration children spent in these placements in days.
4) How many looked-after children were placed by the local authority in registered children's homes (K2 accommodation) during the year in each of the last 3 financial years. Of those children how many:
a) were placed into accommodation within the authority area
b) were placed into accommodation outside of the authority area
i. For those children placed out of area please provide information on the distances children were placed in miles. For example numbers of children placed 0-10 miles, 11-20 miles, 21-30 miles, 31-40, 41-50 miles, 51-100miles, 100+ miles.
5) How many looked-after children were placed into unregulated children's homes accommodation and/or semi-independent children's homes not subject to children's homes regulation (H5 accommodation) during the year in each of the past three financial years.
a. Where possible please provide the ages of children at the time of placement in the following
i. Under 16
Information not held
This area is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information: www.eastsussex.gov.uk
Freedom of Information