FOI request (FOIR-165419957)
Requested Fri 03 January 2020
Responded Fri 07 February 2020
Under the Freedom of Information Act I would like to ask for statistics on the following:
1. How many cremations did your crematorium(s) perform in 2019?
2. How many of these cremations opted not to hold a service (also known as direct cremations) at your crematoria in 2019?
4. How many were commitals in 2019?
5. What is your current price for a standard funeral with a service held at Midday on a weekday including all relevant charges (environmental fee/medical referee fee/etc)? How many minutes long is this service allotted as standard?
6. What is your current price for a direct cremation with no service including all relevant charges (environmental fee/medical referee fee/etc)?
7. Do you charge any fees in addition to the standard cremation fee such as environmental fees, medical referee fees, improvement fund fees? If so, how much are these?
8. Do you have any refrigerated storage? If so, for how many deceased?
9. Do you currently fine those who overrun their allotted service times? If so, how much are fines and what was the total sum of fines in 2019?
10. Do you currently or are you considering running the local authority's own funeral service?
11. What was the profit/loss for crematorium and/or cemetery operations during the last fiscal year?
ResponseQ1 - 1429Q2 - No service 51, direct cremations 24Q4 - 154Q5 - £791 our time slots run at 45 minute intervals to allow for a 30 minute service.Q6 - £472Q7 - Included within the full price above is the environmental surcharge £67 and the medical referee fee £25.12Q8 - NoQ9 - Yes, £187 - Very few fines are issued, because of this the fine is incorporated within the final invoice. Fines do not have their own cost centre so an individual figure cannot be given.Q10 - Information not heldQ11 - £552,339.41 profit
Freedom of Information