FOI request (FOIR-158550858)
Use of Personal devices for work activity
Requested Mon 25 November 2019
Responded Thu 12 December 2019
I am pursuing a Masters degree in Digital Health Leadership at Imperial College London and am conducting a research study for my dissertation.
My study aims to examine how to improve the implementation of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) in the public sector.
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from Hastings Borough Council:
1. Does Hastings Borough Council allow staff to use their own devices to access work email? Please answer Yes or No.
2. Does Hastings Borough Council allow staff to use their own devices for any other work-related activities? Please answer Yes or No.
3. If you answered yes to question 2 please provide a list of the types of systems that staff can access from personally owned devices?
4. Does Hastings Borough Council have a policy that covers BYOD or the use of personal devices at work? Please answer Yes or No.
5. If you answered yes to question 4 please could you provide a copy of your policy that covers BYOD or personal device usage at work?
Q1 & 2 - No
Q3 - 5 - Not Applicable
Freedom of Information