FOI request (FOIR-146386925)
GCloud in the Public Sector
Requested Fri 27 September 2019
Responded Mon 07 October 2019
I hope you can help me with an exercise we are conducting, to understand more about the Procurement Strategies and the take up of GCloud in the Public Sector.
The information you provide as part of this Freedom of Information exercise will help us to understand the most appropriate way of interacting with Local Authorities in their buying cycles.
1) Is your current IT Service Management function and associated software application based in house or Outsourced to a 3rd Party?
2) Please provide the full name and version of the ITSM software application in use?
3) What is the lifetime value of the contract and over how many years?
4) As part of the existing contract how many support operatives (agents) are licensed/subscribed to use the solution? (These are individuals who work on the desk in resolver groups, not customers using a Self-Service function).
5) When is the contract due for renewal?
6) How was the current solution procured - directly with the Vendor, through a Framework or via G Cloud?
7) What are your published procurement thresholds for tendering purposes?
8) What is the Authority's strategy with regards to Cloud solutions as opposed to In House installations?
9) Has the organisation ever procured through the G Cloud Framework?
2) Quest Kace
3) £30,000 - 5 Years
4) Licensed by end-points
5) December 2019
6) Directly with the vendor
7) A tender exercise is required for contracts over £50,000 unless the procurement can be made under a suitable framework.
8) We utilise cloud solutions where there is a business case to do so.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.