FOI request (FOIR-145688530)
Parking penalty charge - Hastings Country Park
Requested Tue 24 September 2019
Responded Tue 05 November 2019
I am in the process of contesting a parking penalty charge issued at HASTINGS COUNTRY PARK, HELIPAD on 19/09/2019.
Please supply the following information under a FOI request.
1. procedure for issuing penalty charge notices when the related meter does not accept cash.
2. guidelines on care and maintenance of parking meters.
3. the date of the last check before 19/09/2019 on the proper working of the meter.
4. the location of the nearest meter which was in working order on 19/09/2019.
1. If we know the machine is not working and we know there are problems with other payment methods at the same time we do not enforce. Customers though should contact the council if there is an issue and not assume that they will not receive a penalty charge notice. A customer should use an alternative method of payment if their preferred method is not available.
2. Car Parks are patrolled on a daily basis and the parking machines are checked. Some faults are not always visible so we also rely on customers to report issues and we then attend as quickly as possible to repair them.
4. There is only one machine in this car park.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.