FOI request (FOIR-125599677)
Housing Inspection (council tenants)
Requested Wed 19 June 2019
Responded Tue 30 July 2019
Any operational policies or procedures in relation to the preparation, planning, management and scheduling (appointments) of housing inspections (condition of rented property).
Any procedures in place for periodically checking that data accuracy of tenants and landlords for housing inspections.
Any procedures to determine when and how often personal data requires updating.
If data is been held electronically, does the housing inspection system include a facility to flag records for review/deletion?
How is a review made to determine if the housing inspection data should be deleted?
Name of the system used to manage and record housing inspections.
If data is supplied by 3rd parties how is that checked for data accuracy i.e does it go through a data cleaning procedure before been imported into the main Housing inspection system?
Describe the security measure that are in place to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful access to the inspection records.
--> Data held in electronic format ( e.g password controlled access)
--> Data held in manual record (e.g. locked filing cabinet)
Hastings Borough Council does not own any housing stock, this was transferred to 1066 Housing Association (now Optivo) in 1996 as part of a Large Scale Voluntary Transfer (LSVT).
Any Council properties are managed by the Social Lettings Agency team and this includes the Council owned emergency accommodation of which we own 12 properties.
- Hastings Borough Council has a Social Lettings Policy which covers all the procedures and policies for the management of the properties. We visit the properties on a regular basis or when required if any issues reported by the tenants.
- Data of our tenants is updated on the visits or when they report a change of their circumstances. We also keep in touch with our landlords so that they will advise us it there are any changes to their circumstances.
- Information not held
- We use a spreadsheet to check information on the properties for visits, which is checked on a regular basis.
- Information is not deleted from our files.
- We use different databases to record information, Locata, Local pad and property files.
- All emails are checked by IT security.
- Data held in electronic format (e.g password controlled access) = Yes
- Data held in manual record (e.g. locked filing cabinet) = No
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.