FOI request (FOIR-124047065)
Requested Tue 11 June 2019
Responded Tue 27 August 2019
I expect you've been contacted a lot lately about this subject, I'd be concerned if not. I am myself extremely concerned about the way 5G is being rolled out across the country without detailed and adequate studies and analysis being done as to the impacts on human health and the environment.
Under the Freedom of Information Act/Environmental Information Regulations could you please supply me with the following information regarding the rollout of 5G mobile phone communications in Hastings?
1. Any planned or existing installations of 5G masts, and any other related equipment essential to the running of the 5G network infrastructure including locations.
2. Details of any existing or planned installations of LED lamp posts equipped with 5G, including locations.
3. Documents containing research carried out by Hastings Borough Council to independently identify any potential health risks and impacts of the use of 5G in Hastings and residents of the borough.
4. Details of any financial transactions between Hastings Borough Council and telephone operators such as EE.
5. Details of meetings held where 5G was discussed, and any use of 5G in Hastings was approved or denied.
6. Details of any councillors or representatives acting on behalf of the council with regards to 5G in Hastings.
Hastings Borough Council holds no information in respect of this request.
Street lighting is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information www.eastsussex.gov.uk
Freedom of Information