FOI request (FOIR-105891297)
Requested Fri 15 February 2019
Responded Thu 21 February 2019
I would like to request the following information from your recycling department and your family and children's services departments under the Freedom Information Act 2000.
I'd be more than happy to discuss the methods of obtaining this information with you prior to your response, if this would be helpful.
For the financial year 2018/19 or the calendar year 2018-2019, whichever is more convenient, please provide the following information.
1. Do you distribute any free promotional disposable nappies (such as Pampers) or reusable nappies to parents at any of your children's and family services?
If the answer is yes to 1, please answer questions 2-7.
2. Which disposable or reusable nappy brand do you allow to distribute their promotional nappies?
3. Which services are they distributed at and how many parents use these facilities annually?
4. How frequently a year have these disposable or reusable nappy brands been able to distribute their promotional material at these services?
5. What is the process for allowing disposable or reusable nappy brands to distribute at your services and who signs it off?
6. Is there any remuneration for the council from these disposable or reusable nappy brands for distributing their promotional material?
Please then answer the remaining questions 7-8 regardless of your answers to 1-6.
7. What initiatives does the Council currently employ to reduce nappy waste and how successful are they? (This may include education programmes for families or tax incentives to nappy waste recycling businesses)
8. What is your policy on nappy waste reduction and recycling and what do your future plans entail?
Information not held
This area is dealt with by East Sussex County Council Children's Services, please visit their website for further information: www.eastsussex.gov.uk
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.