FOI request (FOI229724)
Paper costs and carbon footprint reduction targets
Requested Thu 11 January 2018
Responded Thu 11 January 2018
I am currently compiling data on the cost to both the environment and expenditure on the use of paper.
I would be grateful if you can give me information on the following:
1) The total amount of reams of paper used by the authority in the last 12 months
2) The amount of expenditure on printing, photocopying, and consumables for internal purposes. We are not interested in the amount of expenditure for printing of publications for external use.
3) The amount of recycling of paper from your offices.
4) Does the local authority have a target to reduce the use of paper - if so what is the current progress?
5) Does the local authority have a target to reduce their carbon footprint - if so what is the current progress?
ResponseQ1 - Hastings Borough Council orders 2400 reams of A4 per year.Q2 - 2015-16 £42,397.33 This will be reduced considerably this year as per Q 4.Q3 - Not able to provide a measurement but confidential waste is recycled and general recycling is done through contractors.Q4 - Hastings Borough Council are in the process of producing a Printing Postage and Photocopying acceptable use policy that needs to go to consultation. We have reduced the amount of photocopiers by 50% and are implementing a Hybrid Mail system that will reduce paper usage, photocopying and printing.Q5 - As per Q4
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.