FOI request (FOI223699)
2017 General Election
Requested Tue 12 September 2017
Responded Tue 12 September 2017
We wish to compile ward level data from the 2017 General Election for the Guardian.
Therefore I am hoping you might be able to provide me with a breakdown of the 2017 General Election results for each individual ward within Hastings .
Because we are compiling data from more than 350 local authorities in total we are seeking, wherever possible, to receive this data in a spreadsheet format (Excel or csv).
In each instance we require the following information as it relates to the General Election of June 8th 2017 for each individual ward:
- the number of votes per named candidate (and the party which each candidate represented)
- the electorate
- number of valid votes
- number of invalid votes
- the result (first party, second party etc.)
- majority (i.e. how many votes the winning candidate received compared to the next most popular candidate)
In order to help us identify each individual ward we also require the:
- ward name
- ward code (the ONS identifier for the ward in question)
- constituency name
- constituency code (the ONS identifier for the constituency in question)
- constituency type (borough/county)
- county name
- region name (East/East Midlands/London/North East/North West/Northern Ireland/Scotland/South East/South West/Wales/West Midlands/Yorkshire/The Humber)
If you are unable to provide said data it would be most helpful if you could supply the a list of the constituencies and their constituent wards within your local authority and email addresses of the returning officers for each.
Hastings Borough Council hold no information for the General Election 2017 as results are not broken down to ward level, only as a whole constituency. Hastings Borough Council has responsibility for the Hastings and Rye county constituency only, with constituent wards as follows: Ashdown Baird Braybrooke Castle Central St Leonards Conquest Gensing Hollington Maze Hill Old Hastings Ore St Helens Silverhill West St Leonards Wishing Tree The Returning Officer is Jane Hartnell - firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.