FOI request (FOI223512)
A5 Planning Applications
Requested Tue 19 September 2017
Responded Tue 19 September 2017
I am writing to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act from the Council.
The following questions relate to planning applications featuring use class A5 (i.e. hot food takeaway), under the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987.
Where we refer to "applications featuring use category A5", this includes applications featuring sole use as category A5, and includes applications featuring a change of use to category A5. But does not include applications featuring a combined use of category A5 alongside another use category (e.g. A3 & A5 combined).
Where we refer to "the last 5 years", this refers to applications submitted from 1st September 2012 until 1st September 2017.
1) Out of the planning applications that you have received in the last 5 years featuring use category A5, how many of these applications have been granted planning permission?
2) Out of the planning applications that you have received in the last 5 years featuring use category A5, how many of these applications have been refused planning permission?
3) Out of these refused applications (detailed in question 2), how many have been appealed by the applicant?
4) Out of these applications appealed by the applicant (detailed in question 3), how many of the appeals have been allowed?
5) Does your council currently have a Local Plan Document or Supplementary Planning Document in place, which details the council's approach to fast food takeaway planning applications?
5a. If YES, when did you release this document? (Please detail the month and year)
5b. If NO, do you have plans to release a document of this description? (Please detail the month and year you expect to release this document)
Q1-4 - Information available by searching applications on Public Access: https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/searching/ Q5 - Policy SA4 of the Hastings Local Plan: Development Management Plan relates to takeaways. Details can be found here: https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/policy/adoptedlocalplan/dmp/
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.