FOI request (FOI223176)
Requested Thu 07 September 2017
Responded Thu 07 September 2017
I'm requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, on waiting times for people visiting local government locations, how waiting time targets are set and measured, and current and past performance compared to those targets.
1. Do you currently have a strategy in place to reduce waiting times at your local government location(s)? - a) Yes or b) No
2. How are you measuring its implementation?
3. What maximum waiting time targets do you have in place?
4. How have you performed against those targets for 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 to date?
5. Who is responsible for setting those targets?
6. How many official customer complaints did you receive in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 to date about waiting times, or poor customer experience?
7. Do you currently deploy any of the following for managing customer check in and customer flow at your local government location(s)?
Receptionist/manned desk (number: ___ )
Paper ticket queue management dispenser
Queue management display screen and audio to call customers
Self-service kiosk to notify arrival for appointments, or ask for help
Ability to check in with smartphone
Other: please specify ____________________
Q2. Monthly performance reports and 1-2-1 meetings with staff members to review individual performance.
Q3. We don't have a maximum waiting time target, but we try to keep maximum times to under 30 minutes.
Q4. We measure staff by comparing their own individual performance with the average service times of the contact centre as a whole. We have done this for the last 18 months. 80% of the staff achieve a result of achieving the contact centre performance average or above.
Q5. The contact centre manager in conjunction with the corporate customer service manager.
Q6. 2014 - 10, 2015 - 6, 2016 - 6, 2017 - 3
Q7. - We have a one staffed reception desk - We have 1 paper ticket dispenser which is operated by staff members, not the public - We have an audio and visual display to call customers to the counter point for service - We have no Ipad/tablet station, but we do have 5 public access PC's - You can check certain aspects of your Hastings Borough Council accounts through our My Hastings service on a smartphone
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.